Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Future Yogi?

For the past few nights my daughter has asked, and very much enjoyed, practicing yoga and pilates with me in the basement.  Last night I was trying to get some laundry, and dishes done when I noticed that things were oddly quiet.  Now, if you have kids you know that when you can't "hear" your children you should probably be concerned.  I headed down to the basement with plans to jump on the treadmill for a little while, and when I turned the corner I saw THE cutest thing:


Modified Table Pose

They had gone down to the basement, put on a yoga DVD and were practicing together.  I almost died.  Not only were they doing yoga together, but they were quiet and focused.  Usually these two are bickering back and forth, and teasing each other relentlessly, so this a small miracle.


Boat Pose


Recently my daughter said to me, "You hate everything I like, because you only like things that are weird."  Granted, this was in response to our differening tastes in music but she did also tell me the other day that I was not cool.  This comes as a shock to me LOL.  I tried to convince her, with no avail, of exactly how cool I am.  So, to see that she is excited, and wants to do something that I love is a BIG deal.  She has now asked for a yoga mat for Christmas, and I can't wait to get her one.  With my luck, I will pick out a mat that she thinks is ugly, and so un-cool.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment