Sunday, November 11, 2012

All Natural Laundry Soap

I decided to share my experience making homemade, all natural laundry detergent for my family.  My reasoning behind making my own laundry soap was simple.  It was yet another way I could easily remove harmful toxins and chemicals from our everyday life.  It is also much cheaper than what we were previously buying.  Lastly, the main ingredients used to make this can also be used in making other homemade, all natural household cleaners  #WINNING !


Ingredients:

1 cup Borax
1 cup Super Washing Soda
1 bar of all natural soap (Dr. Bronner is a great brand)
Essential Oils (optional)



Instructions:

First you want to fill up a 5 gallon bucket with 4 gallons of hot water.  My tap water gets pretty hot so I used that.  I got the bucket at Lowes for $5.00.  At this time, you should also fill a pan with 2 Quarts of water on the stove to begin boiling.



Next you want to add 1 cup each of the Borax and Washing Soda into the bucket and stir until dissolved.



Next, I used a cheese grater to grate the entire bar of soap.  I used Dr Bronners unscented, mild baby soap.



Once the water is almost boiling, slowly pour in the grated soap.  Turn down the heat, stir until dissolved.




Lastly you will want to pour the hot soapy water from the stove into the bucket and stir again, put the lid on and let it sit overnight.  Before putting the lid on, I add some Lavender Essential Oil to the bucket to make it smell nice.

The next day you will want to stir again and it will be ready for use!


No comments:

Post a Comment